We moved houses recently and Brad was our agent both on the listing side and the buying side. Brad's really stood out on his thoughtful approach and meticulous execution. Here are a few things that impressed us on the selling and the buying side.
- Brad invested in staging and cleaning costs our house and linked us up with reputed contractors for the repairs we needed before we put the house on market. He was more particular than us on only investing on the required repairs. For instance, when we suggested we replace the carpet, he stopped us by pointing out new buyers may have their own preference and stopped us from spending on carpets.
- He created high quality marketing material. From what I remember, our's was the only house in our neighborhood, with high quality glossy, card finish flyers, and a youtube video of house walk-through. I am sure this made the prospective buyers feel they were investing in quality property
- Guided us professionally through the offer - counter offer process: One incident that stands out: Because we were doing a selling and buying at the same time, the transaction closing on-time was very important to us. Brad guided us away from offers that looked risky with clear explanation of why. In the end, our house closed in exactly five weeks from when it was listed and for 10% more (11% to be precise) than what we listed
- Communicated relentlessly with the buying agent: When there was a misunderstanding from the buyer about some tax charges, Brad went above and beyond what is expected of him to research relevant material and explain to the buyer's agent that there was nothing out of place in the tax charges. The sales would have derailed at this point, if not for Brad.
- Brought with him a great team: Brad brought in an amazing team that worked well with us. The mortgage broker he recommended was awesome (Special shot out to Nathalie Yang from Wells Fargo. She deserves a separate recommendation), and got the loan documents done on time without any drama. He recommended us contractors from his network for the pre-move in fixes to the house that were both reasonably priced and got the job on time.
- Methodically guided us through the house selection process: Brad was very methodical in the house selection process. One incident that stands out, Even after we tentatively selected the house, he took us to a couple more comparable properties so we can be certain that we got the best value for our money
- Worked well with the sellers agent: Brad worked well with the sellers agent through the negotiation process and got us the best value while ensuring the negotiation does not break down. Also, we wanted to do a religious ceremony at the house (normally done after closing, but had to do it right before closing because of my travel). Brad worked with the sellers agent and the sellers and got us permission to the ceremony at the house.
I strongly recommend Brad for your real estate needs. Please reach out to me if you need a more detailed referral.
Manager, Operations and Supply Chain consulting, Price Waterhouse Coopers LLC
Dec 14, 2014