Oct 1, 2019
Mary Jo is not just a real estate agent - she's so much more.
Let's be honest, this is gonna be a biased review, because since I've worked with her, we've become friends, and I've referred her to all my colleagues/family, even those who aren't considering buying or selling a house just in case.
She's the one you should work with. I would hire her as my car agent if I could but unfortunately she doesn't cover that field. Here are a few of the dozens of reasons why she's amazing:
1. She's incredibly detailed oriented, going over every part of every document so you don't have to.
2. She's understanding and flexible. More than half of our meetings happened late at night because she accommodated my shift schedule despite having to wake up early the next morning for other clients.
3. She knows everything about real estate, not just about the sale. She shows you how to read inspection reports, recommends trusted vendors for services you might need for the house, takes you to the county or city hall to check permits and apply for necessary documents, etc.
4. She's honest. If a certain house might not be the best option for you, she'll tell you. I've considered making offers on more expensive properties than my current house and she explained to me why it's not a good idea based on my situation. It's not just about the commission for her; she really wants to help you find your home.
5. She'll stay in touch. She doesn't disappear after close of escrow. If you have any questions/concerns or merely want to chat, she's always an email/text away.
6. She'll try to take care of you. She checks up on me to make sure I'm eating well, sleeping enough, not working too much, and stay safe. Now I introduce her to my friends and family as my fairy godmother.
I can write so much more about Mary Jo. You know people say when you find your dream home or Mr./Ms. Right, you know it? Well she is the real estate agent equivalent of that, if that makes sense. Again, she's so much more than just an agent. My friend recommended her to me and I'll forever be grateful. Now I'm trying to pay it forward by convincing everyone I know who's in the housing market to change their agent to her, because I can't imagine anyone else doing a better job.